In the event of a fire, a well-designed fire alarm system often serves as a critical part of a building’s balanced fire safety strategy. WJE fire protection engineers verify that fire alarm systems are appropriately designed and integrated. Working with building owners, developers, and design teams, our professionals deliver well-conceived, code-compliant fire alarm systems that may include early detection and audible occupant notification, signal emergency responders, and interface with other building fire safety features.
Projects that involve fire alarm systems often combine the most challenging aspects of new and existing buildings with prescriptive regulations and complex approval procedures. WJE successfully delivers these projects by working closely with the client, design and construction teams, and authorities having jurisdiction (AHJs) to review, refine, and implement the fire alarm system design strategy. Using this team approach, we're able to solve technical and administrative challenges while accommodating budget and schedule constraints.
Our fire protection engineers and consultants draw on their in-depth knowledge of fire alarm system technology, interfaced building fire safety systems and equipment, and construction-related issues to assess, plan, design, and commission complex fire alarm system projects. WJE’s fire protection experts are active in the International Code Council and National Fire Protection Association codes and standards development process. This involvement allows us to stay ahead of code changes and provide a deeper understanding of regulatory history and intent while leveraging this knowledge and activity in fire alarm system design and consulting for our clients.
- Fire safety strategy development
- Detailed design/construction documents
- Design/build specifications
- Audibility/intelligibility testing
- Construction period observation, documentation, and on-site verification
- Pre-AHJ inspection punch lists
- Commissioning; integrated systems and acceptance testing
- System condition and code compliance assessment
- Managing deficiency resolution
- Phased upgrade/replacement planning
- Preparing/negotiating variances; performance-based design alternatives
- Third-party peer review
- System failure investigation and expert testimony
WJE professionals are experienced providers of fire protection and life safety services for all... MORE >Services | Fire Protection and Life Safety
MORE >Services | Fire Suppression System Design and Consulting
MORE >Services | Building and Fire Code Consulting
MORE >Services | Fire Engineering and Modeling