"WJE’s multidisciplinary expertise and dedication to superior performance of the building envelope converge to deliver valuable, industry-leading enclosure commissioning services."
— Fiona Aldous, Principal
The complexity of today’s construction projects often necessitates an objective and experienced eye dedicated to helping the owner achieve the proper integration of the building’s components and systems. Clients seeking to create lasting structures rely on WJE to verify the performance values, efficiency, durability, and functionality of their projects. The unique insight WJE provides is the product of thousands of previous investigations of building problems and failures as well as numerous design reviews and decades of hands-on field experience.
The objective of enclosure commissioning is to achieve a facility that meets the owner’s project requirements. WJE’s services help clients achieve a high-performance, fully integrated, and constructible building enclosure by working collaboratively with the owner, design team, and construction team. This verifies that established objectives for long-term durability, serviceability, and performance are maintained from the predesign and design phases through the preconstruction and construction phases, and after occupancy.
WJE’s experienced commissioning professionals provide technical oversight during all phases of the commissioning process to verify, through construction observation and attention to detail, that the design is achieved in the field. Quantifiable metrics for performance testing are implemented throughout design and construction to establish accountability. By engaging WJE, the client receives a valuable partner in the complex construction process—a partner who will represent the client’s interests and fulfill their expectations of high-quality service throughout the project and into post-occupancy.
- Owner Project Requirement documentation
- Design phase reviews, detailing, and technical assistance
- Computer simulation and evaluation of wall assembly design
- Bid reviews
- Value engineering assistance
- Preconstruction laboratory mock-up and materials testing
- Construction period observation, documentation, and on-site verification of contractor quality control
- Field testing for air, water, and thermal performance
- Project close-out summary and maintenance manual
- Post-occupancy and pre-expiration of warranty review