Since joining WJE, Timothy Gregor has specialized in the repair and rehabilitation of concrete structures and their waterproofing systems including prestressed, post-tensioned, and conventionally reinforced. He also has extensive experience in structural condition assessments, repair design, and construction observation services related to steel structures. In addition, Mr. Gregor has been involved in the on-site load testing of multiple structures.
Prior to joining WJE, Mr. Gregor studied the seismic application of bracing steel-framed structures with reinforced concrete masonry panels through experimental tests and computational system analyses as a doctoral student at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. He designed, oversaw construction of, instrumented, and tested large-scale specimens. Mr. Gregor used the experimental data to calibrate analytical models that evaluated the selection of seismic design parameters for a new structural system.
Repair and Rehabilitation
- U.S. Bank Garage - Milwaukee, WI: Structural analysis of existing conditions and of proposed repairs for a precast/prestressed parking garage structure that experienced movement due to adjacent construction; evaluation and repair of welded precast double-tee beam flange to flange connections
- 222 S. Riverside Plaza Redesign - Chicago, IL: Evaluation of structural deterioration, analysis of the original structural members for new landscaping, and repair designs for a composite steel frame plaza over active AMTRAK rail lines
- Grocery Store - Chicago, IL: Evaluation and repair of the buried hot-applied waterproofing membrane under the parking deck; repair of the precast connections of a one-story precast concrete structure
- Advocate Lutheran General Garage - Park Ridge, IL: Condition assessment and repair of a three-story post-tensioned concrete parking garage.
- One Oakbrook Terrace - Oakbrook Terrace, IL: Condition assessment and repair of a two-story post-tensioned concrete parking garage.
- Mariner’s Cove - South Haven, MI: Structural evaluation and underpinning design for a three-story condominium building, repair of roof trusses, and replacement of slab-on-grade with structural slab.
- Trustmark Insurance Company Garage - Lake Forest, IL: Condition assessment and repair of entrance plaza, precast/prestressed parking garage, and building snow retention system
- City Center - Oshkosh, WI: Condition assessment and repair of a three-story structure composed of precast and conventionally reinforced elements with 430,000 square feet of parking above occupied space
- ASARCO Processing Facility Roof Truss Repairs: Design and oversight of structural steel repairs to repair damage caused by excessive differential settlement
- Baxter Headquarters Parking Garages - Deerfield, IL: Condition assessment, structural evaluation, and repair of steel framed and precast/prestressed parking garages
- Chase Tower Storefront Replacement - Evaluation and repair of deterioration of the steel framing supporting the fifty-foot-tall storefront around the perimeter of the building
- Chicago Public Schools - Chicago, IL: Initial condition assessment of reinforced concrete structures built in the 1920s prior to load testing, analysis of existing members for deficiencies, monitoring of structural members during loading and unloading, and post-loading evaluation of the structure
Post-Tensioning Institute (PTI)
Bachelor of Science, Civil Engineering, 2008
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Master of Science, Structural Engineering, 2011
WJE professionals deliver practical repair and rehabilitation services that maximize the... READ MORE >Repair and Rehabilitation
WJE engages a full suite of state-of-the-art instrumentation and monitoring capabilities to test... READ MORE >Instrumentation and Monitoring
WJE provides clients with accurate, actionable answers through a spectrum of in situ load... READ MORE >Structure Load Testing
WJE applies the lessons learned from over 125,000 projects to provide clients with a full... READ MORE >Condition Evaluation