Adriana Alvarado is an industry expert with twenty-two years of experience in fire and life safety analysis, code consultation, and egress design. Throughout her career, Ms. Alvarado has headed life safety project teams and participated in various design and code consulting projects. Her experience includes new construction and existing/historical projects throughout the United States.
Prior to joining WJE, Ms. Alvarado was Project Director for Aon Fire Protection Engineering and a consultant for Jensen Hughes, Inc. Her responsibilities included being the lead for life safety project teams, providing code consulting for project design teams, plan review services for determining compliance with local and or state adopted codes and amendments, preparing egress designs, and filling the role of the authority having jurisdiction.
- BNA - Nashville International Airport - TN: Building code review and fire department access for multistory terminal expansion and renovation
- Harris County Justice Center - Houston, TX: Life safety review and code consulting for mitigation, restoration and expansion project
- Stream Quadrangle - Dallas, TX: Code consulting and document reviews for proposed high-rise office building, stand- alone single and two-story retail/assembly buildings, all located above below-grade parking
- Burnett-Bayland Rehabilitation Center - Harris County, TX: Code Consulting and building code review of new juvenile detention facility on existing campus
- Medcore Assisted Living/Independent Living/Memory Care Development - Atascosita, Harris County, TX: Building code review and code consulting for multistory, multiuse facility
- Spaces California - San Jose, Sacramento, and San Diego, CA: Building code review and consulting of select floor levels of multiple buildings for office and assembly use
- Azure on the Park Apartments - Atlanta, GA: Life safety and fire protection condition assessment of existing high-rise apartment building and mid-rise multiuse building of apartments, garage, and restaurant space
- Tower of the Americas - San Antonio, TX: Life safety and means of egress assessment of existing high-rise assembly tower
- City Place Tower - Dallas, TX: Egress assessment of existing high-rise mixed-use assembly, business and garage tower.
- University of Texas at Austin CMB: Fire protection and life safety survey of existing business and assembly multistory higher education building
- Mickey Leland International Airport - Houston, TX: Building code review, life safety survey and consulting for new terminal building, remodel and expansion of existing Terminal D, and expansion and renovations of existing FIS concept design
- BSWH Administrative Center - Dallas, TX: Life safety building code reviews, and code consulting and development of alternative methods of construction for new high-rise.
- Eastman Chemical Company Expansion - St. Gabriel, LA: Plan review and code consulting for new buildings to serve as offices, assemblies, and laboratories on existing site
- McKinney & Lemmon Office Tower - Dallas, TX - Code consulting and egress analysis for proposed mixed-use development to include high-rise office shell core towers and associated parking garage, retail spaces, and assembly spaces/floors
- ION Building Expansion - Houston, TX: Code consulting and document review of existing multistory office and retail building undergoing renovation and vertical expansion
- University of Texas at El Paso - Sun Bowl Stadium: Plan review, code consulting and site visit for existing stadium
- U.S. Air Force Visitors Center - Colorado Springs, CO: Building code reviews and code consulting for visitor’s center
International Code Council (ICC)
National Fire Protection Association (NFPA)
Society of Fire Protection Engineers (SFPE)
Texas Fire Protection Association (TFPA)
Texas A&M University
Bachelor of Science, Construction Science, 1995