Mark Haddad joined the WJE team in 2015 bringing with him more than ten years of experience in construction materials testing. While working with agencies and companies such as the Illinois Department of Transportation, Vulcan Materials and Lafarge North America, he has carried with him a vast knowledge of raw materials and evaluations.
Mr. Haddad primarily assists departments in sample preparation along with destructive and nondestructive testing. His projects include, but are not limited, to the following:
Making and curing of concrete specimens, concrete compressive strength testing, aggregate preparation and testing, and absorption and saturation coefficient.
Flexural and transverse breaking strengths, modulus of rupture, weather resistance of slate specimens, and anchor testing.
Lapping and polishing samples for microscopy evaluation and preparing thin sections.
Fineness testing and grinding specimens for chloride analysis.
Mr. Haddad also plays a pivotal role in the aggregate proficiency testing for the Cement and Concrete Reference Laboratory (CCRL), along with updating and maintaining the lab’s quality assurance accreditation, including ISO 17025 and AASHTO.
- UHPC Development - Northbrook, IL: Batching and testing of ultra-high performance concrete for precast applications
- Northwestern University, James L. Allen Center - Evanston IL: Load testing
- Autoclaved Aerated Concrete Assessment - Northbrook, IL: Compressive strength, bulk density, and drying shrinkage
- CSX Bridge Pier Impact - Northbrook, IL: Coring and cutting specimens for compressive strength of stone and grout
- Seabrook Station Nuclear Power Plant - Seabrook, NH: Alkali-silica reaction assessment
- Engineering and Testing - Denver, CO: Mixing and grouting specimens at joints for load testing
- Vapor-Reducing Admixtures - Northbrook, IL: Surface moisture, Internal RH readings, and pull-off testing
- Harvard University, Memorial Hall - New Haven, CT: Slate testing (specimen cutting and prep, absorption, and flexural strength)
- Stone Performance - Testing of stone-faced honeycomb (flexural strength, tensile bond strength, and embedded epoxy anchor strength)
- National Air and Space Museum, Washington, D.C. - Testing of Tennessee pink marble (flexural strength and kerf anchor strength)
American Concrete Institute
ACI Cement Physical Tester
ACI Certified Aggregate Testing Technician - Level I
ACI Certified Concrete Field Testing Technician - Grade 1
ACI Concrete Laboratory Testing Technician - Level I
ACI Concrete Laboratory Testing Technician - Level II
ACI Certified Concrete Strength Testing Technician
ACI Masonry Lab Testing Technician
OSHA 10-Hour Construction Safety
PCA - Design and Control of Concrete Mixtures
Eastern Illinois University
Bachelor of Science, Industrial Technology, 2003
JTC provides advanced testing and forensic capabilities to solve the most technically... MORE >Labs | Janney Technical Center
WJE's materials scientists provide comprehensive consulting services for the evaluation and... MORE >Services | Materials Evaluation and Testing
WJE engineers routinely test materials and systems to failure under controlled conditions MORE >Services | Structural Load and Fatigue Testing
MORE >Offices | Northbrook