George Schevon joined WJE in 2007 with fifteen years of experience in architectural design. Mr. Schevon has experience working on projects nationwide ranging from small-scale residential to commercial and large-scale housing projects that required knowledge of many local, state, and federal code ordinances.
Since joining WJE, Mr. Schevon has acted as project architect on a variety of projects ranging from building code review and assessment to building envelope and material investigation and design. For many of these projects, he was responsible for the evaluation and design of these projects, the production of construction drawings and specifications, and submittal to the building department for permit approval. He performs construction observation and consulting throughout the construction phase.
Mr. Schevon has evaluated and designed repairs for a variety of exterior wall systems such as masonry, cement plaster (stucco) and exterior insulation finish systems (EIFS). He has conducted water infiltration investigations to diagnose and design repairs for exterior building envelopes.
- Arcadis Bat Habitat - San Jose, CA : Design of unique passive solar concrete masonry and wood-framed structure to perform as a sanctuary for threatened species of bats
- 485 Robert Avenue - Santa Clara, CA: Repair design of existing concrete masonry and wood framed industrial structure
- California State University, Monterey Bay - Marina, CA: Structural and architectural repair design of wood-framed student housing structure
- Santa Teresa Apartments - San Jose, CA: Investigation and repair design of eighty-unit fire-damaged housing project
- Watergate Condominiums Parking Complex - Emeryville, CA: Survey, evaluation, and redesign of accessible parking areas in existing residential development
- Golden Rain Senior Housing - Walnut Creek, CA: Investigation and code evaluation for insurance claim resolution for fire-damaged housing structure
- St. Francis Retreat Center - San Juan Bautista, CA: Investigation and code evaluation for insurance claim resolution for fire-damaged historic structure
- O’Sullivan McNeil Residence - San Francisco, CA: Investigation and code evaluation for insurance claim resolution for fire-damaged, single-family, wood-framed residence
- Kaiser Antioch - Antioch, CA: Developed EIFS and window repairs to leaking building envelope of existing medical office facility
- Church Street Condominiums - San Francisco, CA: Investigation and repair design of existing fifteen-unit condominium complex
- St. Joseph’s Senior Housing - Oakland, CA: Investigation and evaluation of four-story historic structure
National Council of Architectural Registration Boards (NCARB)
Architect in CA and VA
Carnegie Mellon University
Bachelor of Architecture, 1992
Clients turn to WJE when they need a firm that fully understands the aesthetic and functional... MORE >Services | Building Enclosures
WJE applies the lessons learned from over 125,000 projects to provide clients with a full... MORE >Services | Condition Evaluation
WJE professionals deliver practical repair and rehabilitation services that maximize the... MORE >Services | Repair and Rehabilitation
MORE >Offices | San Francisco