David Megerle, a senior member of WJE’s Difficult Access Team (DAT), is experienced in the use of industrial rope access techniques to perform various inspections of buildings, bridges, and structures. He uses his extensive experience with suspended scaffolding and related access systems to assist with a variety of field investigations and safety-related issues. Mr. Megerle develops access plans, coordinates team members, implements rescue procedures for numerous DAT projects each year, and also coordinates an annual training session for team members.
Mr. Megerle was instrumental in developing WJE’s DAT. His relationship with WJE allowed him to introduce rope access techniques that are used in several nationwide DAT projects.
Prior to joining WJE in 2004, Mr. Megerle owned and operated Vertical Technology, which subcontracted difficult access services nationwide. His extensive experience also includes over twenty-five years of safely climbing difficult walls worldwide.
- Alcatraz Penitentiary - San Francisco, CA: Difficult access condition assessment of concrete and removal of hazardous material
- Eisenhower Executive Office Building - Washington, D.C.: Difficult access condition assessment of exterior facade
- Knoxville Sun Sphere - Knoxville, TN: Difficult access inspection and spray testing of curved curtain wall system
- Mauna Kea Beach Hotel - Kona, HI: Difficult access condition assessment of lava rock walls
Difficult Access Inspections
- Hylebos Bridge - Tacoma, WA: Difficult access inspection of draw-bridge to calculate load rating
- Interstate 40 Bridge - Tulsa, OK: Difficult access welds inspection of two girder bridges
- Numerous Truss Bridges - OK: Difficult access fracture critical inspections
Facade Ordinance Inspections
- Bank of America Building - Providence, RI: Difficult access facade inspections and annual maintenance inspections
- Chicago City Hall - IL: Difficult access inspection for facade ordinance
- Columbia University - New York, NY: Difficult access facade ordinance inspections of sixty buildings
- New York Public Library - NY: Difficult access facade ordinance inspection
- Colorado State Capitol - Denver: Difficult access inspection of cast iron elements and gilding
- High Point Monument - Sussex County, NJ: Inspection and video documentation of stone obelisk using rope access techniques
- Old South Church - Boston, MA: Difficult access inspection of interior finished masonry arch
- Perry’s Victory and International Peace Memorial - Put-in-Bay, South Bass Island, OH: Difficult access inspection of observation deck stone cladding
- Washington Monument - Washington, D.C.: Difficult access condition assessment of post-seismic damage
Scaffolding Industry Association
Society of Professional Rope Access Technicians
Society of Professional Rope Access Technicians - Level III Rope Access Technician