Since joining WJE in 2014, Brookelynn Schmeck has worked in the Janney Technical Center (JTC), WJE’s state-of-the-art testing and applied research facility, which includes a full array of chemistry, petrography, metallurgy, concrete and mortar, corrosion, and structural testing laboratories. Ms. Schmeck has worked closely with WJE’s quality manager to provide support for all of WJE’s accreditations and quality programs. She has participated in external audits, coordinated internal audits, communicated with external accreditation bodies, maintained quality documentation, and enhanced WJE’s quality programs.
WJE QUALITY ASSURANCE PROGRAMS
- Maintain accreditation by ANSI-ASQ National Accreditation Board (ANAB) by meeting ISO/IEC Standard 17020:2012, Requirements for the Operation of Various Types of Bodies Performing Inspection, which includes general, structural, resource, process, and management system requirements. The WJE Audit Group provides quality auditing services to construction material manufacturers.
- Maintain accreditation by ANSI-ASQ National Accreditation Board (ANAB) by meeting ISO/IEC Standard 17025:2017, General Requirements for the Competence of Testing and Calibration Laboratories, which includes general, structural, resource, process, and management system requirements. WJE’s scope includes three major fields (chemical, mechanical, and construction material) and many ASTM and AASHTO test methods, ICC-ES acceptance criteria, and other tests. Areas covered under this scope include chemistry, petrography, metallurgy, thermal analysis, corrosion analysis, physical testing of materials, material characterization and evaluation, strength testing, and structural testing.
NQA-1 Quality Assurance Program
- NQA-1 compliant nuclear quality assurance program, which meets the requirements of Title 10, US Code of Federal Regulations, Part 50, Appendix B; Title 10, U.S. Code of Federal Regulations, Part 21; and American Society of Mechanical Engineers NQA-1-2008 Edition with the NQA-1-2009 Addenda
AASHTO Material Reference Laboratory
- Maintain accreditation by meeting the requirements of the American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials (AASHTO) Standard Practice R18, and complete audits by the Cement and Concrete Reference Laboratory (CCRL) to maintain accreditation
Caltrans Authorized Laboratory for Testing Reinforcing Steel Splices
- Maintain accreditation by meeting the requirements of Caltrans Structural Materials Testing Branch
Cast Stone Institute Testing Technician Certified Laboratory
- Maintain accreditation by meeting the requirements of ASTM C1194 and C1195
City of Los Angeles
- Maintain accreditation by meeting the requirements in Section 98.0503 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code and the Guidelines for Recognition of Testing Agencies
Illinois DOT Approved Test Laboratory for Alkali-Silica Reactivity (ASR)
- Maintain accreditation by meeting the requirements of ASTM C1293 and C1567
Massachusetts DOT Qualified Alkali-Silica Reactivity (ASR) Testing Laboratory
- Maintain accreditation by meeting the requirements of ASTM C1260 and C1567
- Maintain accreditation by meeting the requirements of Testing Application Standard (TAS) 301-94
Bachelor of Arts, Biblical and Classical Languages, 2010
Trinity Evangelical Divinity School
Master of Arts, Theological Studies, 2014