Andrew Doane is a computer-aided design and drafting specialist at WJE. He works with the company’s other design professionals to develop repair documents for a wide variety of projects. His areas of expertise include the design, production, and plotting/transmitting of project drawings and electronic files, which are used by clients and contractors during the execution of repair work.
Mr. Doane also has experience in the areas of facade rehabilitation and structural evaluation. He has identified and documented deterioration on numerous masonry and concrete facades, often while completing critical examinations of building walls. During facade repair projects, he has been responsible for inspecting the quality of work and determining repair quantities. In addition to facade work, Mr. Doane has completed numerous parking garage inspections as well as evaluations of wood trusses and steel joists in various buildings.
Before joining WJE in 2002, Mr. Doane worked for a structural design firm in Chicago. He designed wood, concrete, and steel structures for many residential and small commercial projects throughout the city. Using computer-aided design software, he produced the structural drawings necessary for these projects.
Computer-Aided Design and Drafting
- ASARCO Electrowinning Building - Kearny, AZ: Preparation of drawings and details for repairs at the building’s steel trusses and steel crane rails
- Aux Sable Middle School - Joliet, IL: Preparation of drawings for repairs at concrete slabs, masonry walls, and interior finishes
- Northwestern University, 1900 Orrington Avenue - Evanston, IL: Preparation of plans, details, and annotated photographs describing masonry and wood framing repairs
- City Hall Square Apartments - Milwaukee, WI: Identification of facade deterioration, preparation of repair specifications, and observation of repairs at historic brick structures
- Northwestern University, Montgomery Ward Memorial Building - Chicago, IL: Identification of stone facade deterioration and inspection of limestone repairs
- Sheraton Chicago Hotel & Towers - Chicago, IL: Observation of concrete and sealant repairs at the exterior facade
- Solomon Schechter Day School - Northbrook, IL: Inspection of parking garage and courtyard deterioration of concrete surfaces and repair observation
- Major Restaurant Chain - Nationwide: Inspection and analysis of wood roof trusses and preparation of repair documents for damaged trusses
- Major Retail Chain - Nationwide: Inspection and structural analysis to check the adequacy of welds at steel roof joists
- 303 West Madison - Chicago, IL: Identification of exterior window and stone panel deterioration, preparation of repair specifications and repair sketches, and measurement of repairs
- State Place Condominiums - Chicago, IL: Critical and visual examinations of buildings’ exterior concrete and masonry facades
University of Michigan
Bachelor of Science, Architecture, 1995
Bachelor of Arts, English, 1995
Bachelor of Science, Civil Engineering (Structures), 2000
WJE professionals deliver practical repair and rehabilitation services that maximize the... READ MORE >Repair and Rehabilitation
READ MORE >Facade Assessment
Clients turn to WJE when they need a firm that fully understands the aesthetic and functional... READ MORE >Building Enclosures
WJE applies the lessons learned from over 125,000 projects to provide clients with a full... READ MORE >Condition Evaluation