This practice provides standardized requirements for making, curing, protecting, and transporting concrete test specimens under field conditions. If the specimens are made and standard cured, as stipulated herein, the resulting strength test data when the specimens are tested are able to be used for the following purposes:
1. Acceptance testing for specified strength,
2. Checking adequacy of mixture proportions for strength, and
3. Quality control.
If the specimens are made and field cured, as stipulated herein, the resulting strength test data when the specimens are tested are able to be used for the following purposes:
1. Determination of whether a structure is capable of being put in service,
2. Comparison with test results of standard cured specimens or with test results from various in-place test methods,
3. Adequacy of curing and protection of concrete in the structure, or
4. Form or shoring removal time requirements
WJE laboratories are accredited by AASHTO (R18) and ANAB (ISO/IEC 17025) to perform testing standard ASTM C31 for Making and Curing Concrete Test Specimens in the Field.
Contact us to learn more
KeywordsASTM C31 - Admixtures - Beams - Building Design and Construction - Concrete - Construction - Curing - Specimen Preparation - Test Specimens - Test Specimens and Test Engines
ICS CODE91.100.30 (Concrete and concrete products)
UNSPSC CODE30111500 (Concrete and mortars)
ASTM C31 / C31M-19, Standard Practice for Making and Curing Concrete Test Specimens in the Field, ASTM International, West Conshohocken, PA, 2019, www.astm.org