Pacific Guardian Center and Meiji USA
The Pacific Guardian Center consists of two thirty-story office buildings and the five-story historic Dillingham Transportation Building. The towers are reinforced cast-in-place concrete structures with post-tensioned floor slabs and are clad with a mirrored glass, aluminum-framed, curtain wall system. A parking structure connects the towers at their bases and extends to the tenth floor level. A garden courtyard separates the towers from the historic Dillingham Transportation Building, which was built in 1929 and consists of a stone-clad ground floor and mezzanine with stucco-clad walls at the second to the fourth floors with wood-framed windows. It was added to the National Historic Register in 1979.
WJE collaborated with the various building disciplines to provide a thorough report detailing the existing conditions and recommendations for short and long range planning for repair and upgrading of the various elements of the each of the buildings and related structures. Probable costs for repair, maintenance, and replacement were included. WJE was subsequently retained by Pacific Guardian Center to design repairs at the parking structure and perform construction administration services.