WJE works closely with the client and the design and construction teams throughout the project life cycle to review, refine, and implement the design to verify the construction’s long-term serviceability as well as the client’s satisfaction.
During the design phase, WJE engineers and architects assist in the decision-making process regarding overall design, materials selection, and details development. The WJE reviewer helps the project team work through complex details and configurations, identifying system incompatibilities and mitigating coordination issues. An external reviewer can be vital to understanding and properly addressing design components less familiar to the design and construction teams. Once construction is underway, the WJE reviewer’s role extends to the assessment of submittals and samples.
WJE’s peer review process supports the full project team—from the construction professionals to the client—and provides real value by contributing the experienced and unbiased perspective of an industry leader in technical excellence and innovation.
- Document review
- Design phase detailing and technical assistance
- Conceptual sketching
- Bid reviews
- Code compliance review
- Pre-construction technical review of product design and detailing, including interface conditions between building enclosure materials, components, systems, and assemblies
- Construction period observation, documentation, and on-site verification of contractor quality control
- Engineering critical assessment and fitness for service
- Nonlinear finite element analysis