WJE’s in-house structural and materials testing facilities and state-of-the-art equipment offer clients a unique advantage in developing solutions to their construction-related problems. The firm's nationally recognized laboratories are capable of full-scale specimen testing using a 6,000-square-foot strong floor and test machines able to handle loads up to 500,000 pounds. A full inventory of portable hydraulic rams, structural load frames, load cells, extensometers, LVDTs, and other equipment are used to perform a wide range of testing services.
WJE engineers and architects have instrumented and measured thousands of structures in the laboratory and in the field with strain gages, displacement instrumentation, accelerometers, environmental monitors, and other sensors. WJE has developed, installed, and maintained large continuous monitoring systems, featuring wireless networks, interactive web and video feeds, database archival systems, and automated alarm systems. These techniques and tools allow WJE to help clients better evaluate structural behavior and measure the performance of repairs and retrofits.
- Static and fatigue load testing
- Modal analysis and dynamic structural modeling
- Long-term structural health monitoring
- Strain, displacement, and environmental monitoring
- Building envelope monitoring
- Air/water infiltration testing
- Temperature, RH, solar radiation and wind speed monitoring
- Impact echo, pulse velocity, GPR, infrared thermal imaging, half-cell potential, and ultrasonic thickness measurements
- Vibration, blast, and noise monitoring