On April 19, 2019, the Chicago City Council approved a full rewrite of the Chicago Building Code (CBC) to bring the City's construction requirements into better alignment with current model codes and standards -- most significantly with the International Building Code. These changes represent the first comprehensive revisions to the City's building code in nearly seventy years.
In this one-hour webinar, WJE experts Carl Baldassarra, Kim Clawson, Joshua Freedland, and Chris Freisinger address key changes in the code related to building planning, fire and life safety, enclosures and materials, structural considerations, and rehabilitation of existing buildings.
You will learn to:
- Identify the general scope and schedule of the recent changes and the proposed future changes to the CBC;
- Explain the major implications to renovations and additions required now versus under prior codes;
- Describe major changes related to fire and life safety systems, including new egress requirements;
- Summarize the new seismic load requirements to be considered as part of structural design when using the newly adopted CBC.
* This webinar recording is made available for educational purposes. While we hope you will watch and learn something useful, please note that viewers aren't eligible for AIA credit.
Our professionals are experienced providers of fire protection and life safety services for all... MORE >Services | Fire Protection and Life Safety
Clients turn to us when they need a firm that fully understands the aesthetic and functional... MORE >Services | Building Enclosures
WJE's roofing and waterproofing consultants have reviewed thousands of system failures and... MORE >Services | Roofing and Waterproofing
When the integrity or condition of a structure is in question, clients rely on us for answers MORE >Services | Structural Engineering