Successful solutions are developed from a better understanding of the problems. WJE routinely applies hands-on diagnostic studies using the latest technologies to investigate distress and deterioration and evaluate their effects on structural performance. Coupled with an in-depth understanding of the fundamental principles of structural engineering and materials behavior, WJE’s structural engineers determine appropriate solutions to meet each client’s needs.
Effective seismic evaluation and design requires a practical understanding of earthquake motions and structure response. WJE professionals are experts in seismic performance evaluations that account for realistic building behavior without the limitations of building code requirements. WJE’s cost-effective solutions provide for safer structures, limit earthquake damage, and allow clients to quickly return their structures to normal service.
- Structural condition assessment
- Instrumentation and load testing
- Field monitoring
- Load rating
- Structural component testing
- Nonlinear structural analysis
- Nonlinear finite element analysis
- Blast analysis
- Seismic risk assessment
- Seismic performance evaluation
- Earthquake damage assessment
- Repair and retrofit design and peer review
- Engineering critical assessment and
fitness for service