WJE helps clients develop cost-effective solutions to their challenging architectural projects—solutions that meet their aesthetic goals without compromising public safety—for virtually all types of buildings and occupancies. WJE fire protection experts identify risks and design safeguards to assist in preventing, controlling, and mitigating the effects of fires in new and existing structures. Working with architects, building owners, and developers, WJE evaluates the life safety and property protection goals of clients to protect people, property, and the environment from the destructiveness of fire.
Utilizing the latest techniques, WJE’s work includes analysis of fire hazard; life safety evaluations; mitigation of fire damage by proper design, construction, arrangement, and protection of buildings; selection of materials, assemblies and systems; review of industrial processes; the design of fire detection, notification, suppression, and communication systems; due diligence surveys; and post-loss investigation and analysis.
- Fire protection engineering consulting
- Fire protection system design/analysis
- Building code, fire code, and standards consulting and analysis
- Fire protection strategy development
- Code compliance alternatives
- Egress analysis
- Fire/life safety assessment
- Construction period services
- Code development
- Performance-based design
- Fire research and testing
- Product development
- Loss investigation
- Expert testimony