One of the unique core strengths WJE brings to all of its work is the technical depth and expertise available from the firm’s materials science group in the Jack R. Janney Technical Center (JTC). More than sixty years of industry-sponsored, leading-edge research and laboratory testing for material durability and performance provides WJE professionals with the in-house resources necessary to take a holistic approach to problem-solving that is critical to developing comprehensive, cost-effective, and technically sound repair and restoration strategies for building facades of any age, material composition, or construction type. The technical depth of the JTC and hands-on approach to problem-solving that all of the company’s professionals take in the field are both hallmarks of WJE, whether working from scaffolding or engaging the services of the professionally certified WJE Difficult Access Team to reach facade and domed surfaces that others consider impossible to reach.
Using state-of-the-art testing equipment and laboratory capabilities, WJE professionals have successfully diagnosed and solved problems in thousands of building facades.
- Facade survey and condition assessment
- Laboratory and field durability and performance testing
- Investigation and remediation of uncontrolled rainwater penetration
- Evaluation of thermal performance and condensation potential
- Structural analysis, nonlinear finite element analysis, and repair design
- Cost estimating and capital reserve studies
- Pre-purchase/pre-sale evaluation and condition assessment
- Repair, rehabilitation, and re-clad/over-clad of existing structures