WJE helps clients develop cost-effective solutions for their challenging new designs, existing infrastructure and facilities, and unexpected failures. WJE experts identify risks and safeguards to assist in preventing, controlling, and mitigating the effects of fabrication flaws, in-service deterioration (fatigue, corrosion, environmentally assisted cracking, creep), and unanticipated damage (third-party impact, fire, earthquakes). WJE’s multidisciplinary approach combines knowledge of materials, inspection, fracture mechanics, nonlinear finite element modeling, testing, and years of experience to provide accurate and actionable solutions. WJE is world renowned for investigating failures and providing clients with accurate assessments. WJE engineers provide services for bridges, buildings, cranes, dams, offshore structures, piping, pipelines, pressure vessels, proprietary components, tanks, and transportation structures.
Specific services include developing fabrication flaw acceptance criteria, advising on material and weld requirements, helping clients develop inspection programs, providing component testing programs for fracture and fatigue challenges, retrofits design, and independent third-party reviews.
- Engineering Criticality Assessment to develop fabrication flaw acceptance criteria
- Estimation of remaining service life
- Estimation of remaining strength and ductility
- Third-party damage assessments
- Component testing
- Repair and retrofit design
- Peer review
- Influence risk-based inspection, mechanical integrity, and structural integrity programs
- Industry recommended practices used: API 579, BS 7910, and R6
- Forensic investigation
- Expert testimony