Whether subject to harsh climate conditions, a sudden failure event, or the inevitable effects of age, structures require ongoing maintenance and rehabilitation to assure their long-term performance. WJE engineers have extensive experience inspecting a wide range of structure types and materials and are routinely called upon to conduct structural condition surveys, evaluations of deterioration and distress, nondestructive testing, structural monitoring and instrumentation, structural peer reviews, and repair program development.
WJE’s unique knowledge of structural performance is supported by technical expertise in structural engineering; materials, laboratory, and field testing; and instrumentation. Professionals in a wide variety of service disciplines collaborate to develop cost-effective and technically sound solutions to every problem.
- Structural evaluations and load rating
- Fatigue and fracture assessments
- Engineering criticality assessment and
fitness for service
- Failure investigations
- Corrosion protection and durability studies
- Repair and rehabilitation design
- Safety inspection and nondestructive testing
- Seismic evaluations and retrofit design
- Instrumentation and field testing
- Structural modeling and analysis
- Nonlinear finite element analysis
- Technical services compliant with Nuclear QA provisions
- Bridge management advisory services