The objective of building enclosure commissioning is to achieve a facility that meets the owner’s project requirements. WJE’s services help clients achieve a high-performance, fully integrated, and constructible building enclosure by working collaboratively with the owner, design team, and construction team. This verifies that established objectives for long-term durability, serviceability, and performance are maintained from the Pre-Design and Design phases through the Pre-Construction and Construction phases, and into occupancy.
WJE’s experienced commissioning professionals provide technical oversight during all phases of the commissioning process to verify, through construction observation and attention to detail, that the design is achieved in the field. Quantifiable metrics for performance testing are implemented throughout design and construction to establish accountability. By engaging WJE, the client receives a valuable partner in the complex construction process—a partner who will represent the client’s interests and fulfill their expectations of high-quality service throughout the life of the facility.
- Owner Project Requirement documentation
- Design phase reviews, detailing, and technical assistance
- Computer simulation and evaluation of wall assembly design
- Pre-construction laboratory mock-up and materials testing
- Bid reviews
- Construction period observation, documentation, and on-site verification of contractor quality control
- Field testing for air, water, and thermal performance
- Project close-out summary and maintenance manual
- Post-occupancy and pre-expiration of warranty review