Planning for Major Projects: Policies, Procedures and Preparation
Brook Silvestri of Association Capital Bank will discuss the requirements and process for financing major projects.
Gabriella Comstock of Keough & Moody, P.C. will be discussing the legal aspects of handling major projects for your association.
Steven Naggatz and Jason Aspin of the Chicago office of Wiss, Janney, Elstner Associates, Inc. will discuss the importance of preparation and communication related to major projects.
Topics will include:
- General requirements of project financing;
- Reserve studies as a budgeting and underwriting tool;
- Importance of investment policies for long term reserve funds;
- Proper Administration of the project contract;
- What to do if the project changes along the way;
- Who confirms compliance with municipal codes and life safety
- Maintenance and repair of building exterior envelopes (facades, fire escapes, roofs);
- Preparing repair documents;
- Project team communication during.
Thursday, February 12, 2015
11:30 AM-1:30 PM
10 South LaSalle Street
Return to News Index